20080506

I might save a life...

I got this email yesterday afternoon and I'm nervous as hell, I mean I want to donate my marrow but when I hear stuff like " It's like having a child for a man!" how am I supposed to feel about that? But if you didn't know bone marrow transplants saves lives of millions of people and over 250,000 have been performed succesfully. The first step is a mouth swab which they use to match your DNA to patients in need. If they find there is a match they will contact you for a blood sample. Then if that matches and you are clean then comes a scheduled physical and then the actual donation... So if you reading this register to donate at Marrow.org It takes almost no time and who knows you might help somebody out... Like me hopefully this will erase some of the horrible things I've done, and if it can't erase them, just make them seem less bad in comparison.


Good Afternoon Mr. D,

My name is Robyn Diehl and I am from the Dept. of Defense Marrow Donor Program and I am contacting you concerning the blood work you had drawn on 3/27/2008. The results show that you are the best possible match for a recipient in desperate need of a peripheral blood stem cell transplant. I can be reached by email or at my office. My phone number is 1-800-627-7693 ext 226. Please call or email me and let me know when we can talk so that I can send you an information packet. Please call me as soon as possible even if you are unavailable or not interested so that we can begin your donation process or find another donor.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon,

Robyn Diehl
Workup Coordinator
C.W. Bill Young DoD Marrow Donor Program
Phone: 301-984-1515 x226
Fax: 301-984-8856
Email: robyndiehl@dodmarrow.com

3 comments:

Taryn said...

thats something you should do only if you want to. You gotta know why you are doing it, and most importantly dont expect nothing back in return :-)..i really didnt know that procedure was that painful though..ouchies >_<

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

wow... you must be verrrry compassionate person. most people would chuckle off the idea of giving bone marrow and you' re actually considering it. Good luck with that.

sweet blogg by the way.

Asia Dee

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
visitor web stats