20100517

It's getting real in the field


I woke up this morning at the crack of noon to the news from my mother that my grandmother is in the hospital ICU. After several skin grafts to her leg, it has gotten infected and it might need to be amputated. Her being a diabetic and 86 years old complicates this alot.

Thankfully she lives in London and healthcare is provided to her and she won't be drowning in medical bills.


The choice really shouldn't be that hard to make as I'm leaving for Barbados on saturday, I could forgo my vacation and travel to London and do the right thing instead of sending her flowers and get well foolishness; I myself could be the actual rose and she would be able to see me. Part of me wants to do that because I know it's the right thing to do and God forbid I be put in a situation where something happens to her and I chose to lay up on a beach with a girl who I feel like I love but know in my heart of hearts that there's definitely a countdown on our relationship.

The other part of me says
"You can do both, I mean you can afford to do both and you can tell the YMCA about the situation and they will have to understand. You get paid at this valeting every night in cash and you could absorb a hit like that financially." As selfish as that sounds I want to go on vacation, but how good of a time can I really have knowing that I'm having fun in the sun, with my grandmother on a respirator.

Either way, I don't want to make the wrong choice. On one hand I've got a girlfriend who just got her passport, has never been anywhere but Florida and is really psyched about going with me. Even though I know if we don't go she'll be very disappointed and I hate more than anything to disappoint anyone, but at the same time I know that if she feels for me the way she says she does, she will understand the brevity of the situation.

Add that to the fact that seeing my mother she tells me " ....You don't want to wait 'till someone passes to honor them and wish you would've seen them. That's something that you will never forgive yourself for."


1 comment:

Unknown said...

DANG...Red pil or Blue pill NEO? I can't make the decision for you but inside you reall know what is more important... the one that comes with no regrets! you got this bro! imma pray for you grandma!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
visitor web stats