20100706

MIA



I've listened to the first two tracks and I'm not really ready to weigh in on it yet. Plus with new music digestion, the first listens I don't know whether I like it or not. Until there's that one song that gets stuck in my head and through that it will spark my interest in the album as a whole.

I got into her after reading a review about her song with timbaland and his line about 'teepee' and MIA being the wrong kind of indian. I listened to piracy funds terrorism (check it out) like mad and then I listened to her first cd arular and then her newest via paper planes.

Anyways check it out and see what you think.

1 comment:

WEB SHERIFF said...

WEB SHERIFF
Who You Gonna Call
Tel 44-(0)208-323 8013
Fax 44-(0)208 323 8080
websheriff@websheriff.com
www.websheriff.com

Hi THFG,

On behalf of XL Recordings and M.I.A, we would kindly ask you not to post
copies of "Maya" on your site (or any non-preview tracks from the
forthcoming M.I.A album - street date 12th July).

We do appreciate that you are fans of / are promoting MIA, but the label and
artist would greatly appreciate your co-operation in removing your links to
the pirate files in question.

Thank you for respecting the artist's and label’s wishes and, if you / your
readers want good quality, non-pirated, preview tracks, then full length
versions of Stepping Up and the remix of XXXO featuring Jay Z are available
via the artist’s MySpace ... .. for further details of the new album,
upcoming previews, on-line promotions, videos and 2010 shows, check-out the
official site at http://www.miauk.com/, as well as the artist's MySpace at
www.myspace.com/mia and YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/user/MIAVEVO ...
.. and keep an eye on these official sources for details of further news,
preview material and on-line promotions.

Also and as a goodwill gesture to fans and bloggers, an exclusive preview
stream of the full album is currently available via M.I.A’s MySpace and,
similarly, a widget for the album stream shall also shortly be available
from the artist’s official site ... this is for hyper-linking ONLY and for
streaming by fans via the artist’s site and MySpace, so please reciprocate
this goodwill gesture by NOT ripping and re-posting these files.

With Thanks & Regards,

WEB SHERIFF

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
visitor web stats